Other than social media marketing, SEO, video marketing and ads, I am going to discuss many more ways to increase exposure of your app
- Screenshots anyone?: Yes, the screenshots. Well, before the people have used your app, they take a quick glance on the screenshots. This is the step which decides whether your app will be downloaded or no. So, update your App page and take wonderful and useful screenshots. Select these wisely as these are what give you users. Many ASO companies design user-friendly screenshots and provide visual optimization on app landing lage
- A good description: Write a short summary of your app and make sure the app description is creative and is able to grab the reader’s attention. A creative description can earn you a customer.
- Join LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a great place to socialise and look for wonderful opportunities. Get to know your competitors and when you get the hang of it, you will know what to do to earn more users.
- Respond to comments: Take some time to read the reviews and make sure you comment to some of them at least. This way you will keep your users active plus you can improve your app by knowing the stuff that matters.
- New Updates: Many apps in the app store are removed or get out of the competition because of inactivity. So, make sure that you roll out update on a regular basis.
- Link social media: Add social media extension inside your app. This way your users will be able to share your app insights with your friends on a bigger scale and yes, the free promotion of course.
- Small Surprises: At times, you can announce free vouchers or gift cards for your users. Rewards sure attract people. It is one of the best ways to get audience.
- Expand your reach: Leave no place untouched. Promote on facebook, twitter, Instagram, pinterest. Yes, why not? Zomato? Well! That’s up to you.
- Share influence: Collaborate with developers and run app promotion together. Collabs are going to be the next big thing in the app market. Make sure you use it too.
- Referrals: Include a referral option on your app. This way people can invite their friend to use your app too. To make things interesting, gift them unlocks or new items on your app. Sounds fair?
- Inters: Yes, interns. There are a lot of work to do in app development and promotion. You can take some load off by hiring interns. Many students want experience and this is a perfect opportunity for both of you. The interns can win you some audience by their circle or influence. If they turn out to be too good, you can have a team member. It’s a win-win.
The ad agencies might add on to your cost but they are a sure shot to a perfect app advertising. Well, there are a number of App Store Optimization services in India. Perhaps, Bangalore is a web hub of the country holding the best ASO service based on my experience So, definitely, readymade help in the adverting and marketing field is available in this part of the Silicon Valley of India.